Overall budget2 M€
- Barriers identification and Optimisation of the role of RES aggregators: BestRES project will systematically analyse existing national and European regulatory, legal and market conditions for EAs and to optimize the role of aggregators in the electricity markets.
- Development and Implementation of innovative business models for RES aggregators: the development of new innovative BMs and real-life implementation (depending on market conditions) will lead towards an extensive network of demonstrations for European energy market research and development.
- Replicability and Recommendations: A special attention is addressed to possibilities of up-scaling and replicating the solutions and to their transferability across Europe. This will ensure that the project results will directly drive to tailor-made recommendations.
- Led by WIP – Renewable Energies
- Target countries for energy aggregators: United Kingdom, Belgium, Germany, France, Austria, Italy, Cyprus, Spain and Portugal.
EDP’S MAIN ACTIVITIES
- Analysis of current business models of European Energy Aggregators
- Identification of potential aggregators in Portugal and Spain
- Implement and validate an adequate model in an operational environment for further replication
- Identification of barriers and provide inputs for a new regulatory framework, enabling the creation of aggregators in Portugal and Spain.