- Design, Construction, Test and Validation of an innovative second generation Direct Drive Linear Electric Generator Power Take-Off (PTO) for a Wave Energy Converter;
- Analysis of the application of this crosscutting and modular solution;
- Assessment of the future application of superconductors to increase the power capture ratio from 19% to ~70%.
- 4 competing Wave Energy Technology developers
- Industry/ Technology: EDP CNET (PT), Engie Fabricom (BE), Wedge Global (ES), Corpower (SE).
- Academia and R&D partners: CIEMAT (ES) and WavEC (PT)
NEW R&D’s Scope:
Lead WP7, with a focus on assessing the current status of the ocean energy industry, vis-à-vis the future commercialization of the technology developed